Swarrnim Startup and Innovation University
A Stepping Stone of Zenith Success empowering Education and Ideas
Established in 2017, Swarrnim Startup & Innovation University (Swarrnim) is India’s first Startup University offering Innovation, Startup, and Entrepreneurship programs through modern education and technical wisdom. Approved by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat Private University Act 2009, Swarrnim is recognized for its commitment to student excellence, particularly through an emphasis on rigorous learning experiences with hands-on practical training in startups, Industry readiness, and on life skills. These experiences contribute to the university's exceptional retention, graduation, and career placement rates.
The University has revolutionized the way higher education is designed and delivered in India especially by fulfilling the requirement of skilled manpower and innovative minds. With a talented faculty of domain experts holding significant 360-degree industry experience, the classrooms are equipped with innovative perspectives inflaming comprehensive education development. There are special courses offered to the students dedicated to startup and entrepreneurship programs. These courses are offered to students of all streams to convert their innovative ideas into a viable commercial business model.
A Veteran Persona
A multifaceted and self-made leader, Shri Rishabh Gayaprasad Jain is the President, renowned Educationist, and one of the leading Entrepreneurs, and Philanthropists of this era. He has completed Bachelor’s in Commerce from Gujarat University and currently has extensive experience of over 25 years in a wide array of industries like education, real estate, petrochemicals, filmmaking, road & transport, pharmaceuticals, and technology enterprises. He is also the Chairman of G P Jain Charitable Trust, Arihant Seva Samiti, Director of Swastik Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., Ratnamani Industries, and Aarhaam Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
An Overview of Swarrnim’s Facilities
Swarrnim bestows its students with a perfect blend of intellectual and creative knowledge with degree programs designed according to the modules based on core and elective units. At Swarrnim teaching takes place both in and outside of the lecture room to develop research, professional, and academic skills. It has an exceptional infrastructure consisting of a Hostel, Startup and Incubation center, Café, Apple IOS skill lab, GPCB Lab, Sports, Modern Library, Transportation facilities available at the best for its students.
● Hostel: It has an excellent accommodation facility at the heart of the campus only. With utmost hospitality service, hygiene, safety, and security first, the rooms have single, double, and triple occupancy. The facility is managed professionally by university staff and all valid suggestions from students are taken into the consideration.
● Startup and Incubation Center: Swarrnim Incubation Center was established by the University under section 8 of the companies act 2013. It is also recognized as a Nodal Institute by Gujarat University. It is the umbrella body for nurturing the budding entrepreneurs of the University. The most important part is that SSIC is supported by the student start-up and Innovation policy by the Education Dept. of Gujrat Govt.
● Cafeteria: A well-balanced and hygienic diet is important for developing strong, healthy, and entrepreneurial minds, hence the university provides a variety of delicious and nutritious meals ranging from Gujarati, South Indian, Chinese, to Continental, and more.
● Apple iOS skill Lab: Swarrnim Startup & Innovation University is proud to introduce India's first Apple iOS skill laboratory. The lab has been established and supported by Apple 24*7. The objective of this lab is to impart industry demanded skills of iOS platform to students and faculties. The lab witnesses frequent workshops based on iOS. The trainers and chair of these workshops are Apple certified only. It allows students of Swarrnim to interact directly with people in the industry. It also enables students and faculties to remain contemporary for the industry.
● GPCB Lab: The Environmental lab at Swarrnim is recognized SCHEDULE I Environmental auditor by Gujarat Pollution Control Board, undertaking yearly Environmental Audit Work, as per GPCB guidelines.
● Sports: Sports helps in maintaining a healthy mind and a balanced lifestyle and hence the university considers sports as the central focus. Moreover, it keeps the competitive spirit alive and encourages students to participate and make an active contribution to the sports activities for their physical and mental development.
● Modern Library: We do believe that the library is the heart of any educational Institution. We do have one of the most equipped libraries, we do have almost 24000+ books on all the subjects. We do have CDs and a virtual Intranet (Library) and it contains information on different subjects like mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, etc.
● Transportation: The students, faculties, and admin staff living in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar can use the University’s bus service that picks them up in the morning and drops them off in the evening. The university has a policy of no compromise on the safety and security of its people. All the buses and cars used for transport follow guidelines set by the law. All buses do have emergency contact details with them, a first-aid kit, and an attendant with the driver.
A Holistic and Curative Learning Platform
The startup and innovation programs at Swarrnim are divided into four broad categories -Swarrnim Startup Masterclasses (focus on educating educate various startups aspects), Swarrnim Entrepreneurship Expert Session (where entrepreneurs share their experience and key learning’s), Idea Discussion Forum (helping students to convey ideas to the incubation centers), and Swarrnim Mentorship Session (for startups that already incubated), which helps startups to decide the future course of action. Swarrnim regularly organizes ‘Swarrnim Talk’ by eminent Indian leaders.
Each department at Swarrnim has industry tie-ups that enable the students to work actively on live projects, enhance their skill set, and provide corporate-ready training. “We have excellent classrooms which are equipped with AV facilities and fully-functional smart online learning management systems. At Swarrnim Startup and Innovation University, we believe when you have a corporate, innovative, and learning culture, the students themselves approach you and we never go out hunting students”, avers Shri Rishabh Jain.
With young minds inclined towards success in entrepreneurship, Swarrnim strives to bring the utmost knowledge to create global successful entrepreneurs and leaders of tomorrow. It offers a platform, where students work on their ideas, get incubation cell’s support, and realize their startup dream to reality, at the same time, encouraging students to complete study (via 200+ webinars and online workshops in three months duration during the lockdown period). Apart from this, Swarrnim has also introduced new-age courses to keep pace with time. This includes fields like Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Cloud technology, Financial Services & Sports Management, etc. To take the fashion design courses to the next level, Swarrnim School of Design has collaborated with the fashion design and styling school - Atelier Chardon Savard- Paris for B.Sc in Fashion & Creative styling. The synergy between the two schools would bring a cross-cultural and international fashion perspective to the classrooms. Swarrnim has done an agreement with world-renowned educational ERP provider “Coll Poll'' for technology-driven educational deliveries in the University.
The Gallery of Merits
Swarrnim’s committed work ethic and excellent performance have bagged prestigious awards on its name since foundation. Recently, it has achieved a rank in the top 50 universities Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements announced by Honorable Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu on August 18, 2020. Adding feathers to its cap, it has been recognized as Best University for Entrepreneurship Education 2019 and Best Innovation University at National Startup Summit 2017.
Also, it ranked in the Top 4 universities from Gujarat and in the training and placement cell at Swarrnim Startup and Innovation University. It has signed MoUs with leading companies like Silver Touch technologies, TATA power, Gujarat Infotech Ltd., SGVP Holistic Hospital, Krack.in, GPCB, Wadhwani Group, etc. for training and internship purposes. In a short span of three years, the University has filled 15 IPRs successfully and further projects are in pipeline for the recommendation, Also Swarrnim has maintained 100% placement records with big brands including Microsoft, Dell, L&T Infotech, Reliance, Byju’s, GTPL, Coca-Cola, HDFC, Infibeam, Tech Mahindra, TATA, etc. It has also signed 50+ MoUs with different universities across the globe to promote research, student exchange, and more. Even during the lockdown period, it had more than 70 online sessions for placements and an overall 6000 for academics. This year as well it has achieved 100% placements.
The alumni also help in through online participation during the lockdown period from countries like Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the USA, Latin America, and India. Now, to ensure that quality education is available to all, it has recently launched ‘Swarrnim Easy Fee’ for each section of the society to avail education. Through this, parents can pay the fee in 9 installments with no interest, no processing charge, and get 100% free insurance cover. “We are going international this year and have already established a partnership with the State Govt. initiative – Study in Gujarat.”
Upliftment of Society in the COVID-19 Pandemic
At Swarrnim, the main emphasis is on ‘Learn by Doing’. For instance, students from Health Sciences took part in Prevent Polio camps organized by the government. The Nursing, BHMS, BAMS, BPT students also imparted practical education at the hospital apart from labs. We are always protective and careful for our students, so during this pandemic, we are giving Rs.1 lakh health Insurance for each student. For us motivating students is also very important especially during this tough time, so Swarrnim University organized more than 10 conversations with some honorable personalities, which we do call Swarrnim Talk.
Swarrnim is a Nodal Center of Virtual Labs under the IIT Roorkee, 100-bed Ayurvedic and General Hospital, 25-bed Homeopathic hospitals. Contributing to this, it is an in-house Hi-tech Ayurvedic Homeopathy medicine manufacturing plant and Ayurvedic hospital which has developed immunity boosting ‘Kadha’ and distributed it in nearby villages free of cost amid the Covid-19 crisis. With such impeccable service, it also introduces various products to distribute in societies like Swarrnim Ayurvedic Churna & Homeopathic Medicine, Swarrnim Sanitizer, and Swarrnim Mask.
“We have distributed more than 15000 such kits to Government employees, Educationists, Staff members, and villagers in the surrounding area. While we always assist our students throughout the process, learning by doing helps them to develop a sense of accomplishment on what they have done”, says Shri Rishabh Gayaprasad Jain.
A Wave for the New Generation
Swarrnim is different from other universities in many ways; it has the first iOS skills lab amongst the state which is supported 24*7 by Apple. Their trainers impart adequate training and knowledge through workshops and courses. The iOS platform is designed to uplift the education process and remains contemporary according to the industry.
It also has an advanced Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Lab, 24*7 incubation facilities, Idea Startup Café, Oracle & Red Hut Lab present at the university which adds glory to the campus. The Environmental lab at Swarrnim is recognized SCHEDULE I Environmental auditor by Gujarat Pollution Control Board, undertaking yearly Environmental Audit Work, as per GPCB guidelines.
Swarrnim always encourages innovations, new ideas that always motivate others to create something new. We have fully equipped labs for Basic electronics, Power electronics, Concrete Technology lab, Fluid power Engineering lab, Computer Graphics Lab, Data Mining Lab, Artificial Intelligence lab, etc. We also do have a robotics lab where you can put your innovative ideas and make a new generation innovation. We also made an E-rickshaw, to help the transportation system. In this way, Swarrnim University wants to create more new revolutionary changes in the Technological System.
Also, the students at Swarrnim are potential decision-makers learning through participation, interaction, tasks, case studies, business simulations, field visits, and more, which make them stand-out amongst others. In the upcoming times, it looks forward to offering students an extensive range of career services to learn the fundamentals of Entrepreneurship and establish their own business as a career opportunity.