Qaspir, a world leading knowledge provider to higher education, is proud to present the first of a series of workshops in India, on the increasingly important topics of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation & Student Support and Progression.
At a critical time of limited information and learning on assessment and accreditation capacity, Qaspir is bringing world class experts to India to facilitate workshops across the country in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai. Both workshops are aligned to NAAC Criteria 2 & 5.
The premium workshops are designed in part to provide participants with potential strategies for critical consideration at institutional level, but mainly focus on signalling further resources and outlining practical strategies for participants to experiment with and evaluate at programme, course and taught session levels. Workbooks, training materials and certificates will be available on completion. Qaspir is accredited by CPD UK.
TEACHING, LEARNING AND EVALUATION:
April 6, 7 Mumbai;
April 9, 10 Delhi
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- A critical perspective on contemporary dialogic approaches to teaching in higher education in the UK and beyond, including the learning power of low stakes formative assessment
- An understanding of research-informed principles and key concepts for effective practice in assessment and feedback practice in higher education
- Awareness of distributed instructional leadership theory, applied to leading change in teaching and assessment practice in higher education settings
- Awareness of their own professional development in relation to teaching and a capacity for experimentation, evaluation and leadership within their own workplace setting.
STUDENT SUPPORT AND PROGRESSION
April 13, 14 Bangalore;
April 16, 17 Chennai
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe key practices and programs for student success
- Identify salient student support and progression concerns
- Describe the structure and components of the student experience
- Discuss the contribution of various student affairs and support services to student success
- Develop the beginnings of a plan for organisational structure and function for student success
- Draft a vision for student success that is operational for assessment
- Describe assessment approaches using direct and indirect methods to assess Student support programs, student activities, and progression
- Become familiar with an aspirational student-focused paradigm for assessment
- Identify strategies for using assessment results to improve student success outcomes
- Articulate how student success and assessment outcomes relate to the accreditation standards
Those expected to attend these two vital workshops for educational, institutional and student improvement include Provosts, Deans, Associate Deans, Directors of Quality Assurance, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Principals, Directors of Institutional Research and Institutional Effectiveness, Quality Assurance Units, Heads of Programs and many more.
We look forward to welcoming you as Higher Educational professionals wanting to improve Higher Education in India so more students are engaged in high-quality learning experiences and are prepared for a knowledge-based economy.
QASPIR is a full-service knowledge provider to higher education of conferences, workshops and campus-wide consulting for Continuing Professional Development, Strategic Planning, Assessment, Risk Management and Institutional Effectiveness. Since 2014, the founders of QASPIR have been working closely with a number of institutions in the Middle East, South America, Europe and USA helping streamline their assessment and planning processes for academic accreditation, and providing thought leading workshops and conferences. Qaspir is accredited by the CPD Certification Service.